Saturday, December 13, 2008

Accomplished...

The Finish!
Going up again
Med Check/5.7 miles into the run, 5.5 to go!
The Start

My friend, Amy and I ran a very challenging 11.2 mile run on Angel Island today. This was our first race and a thigh/calf burning run. The hills were much steeper than we had trained, due to our lack of hills in Fresno, but the view was an amazing trade-off. 

The experience was amazing and it is so nice to say that we completed a challenge that we have trained for since August. I have to say that I am looking forward to a week off of running and I am looking forward to the next race! 

7 comments:

Monica said...

Good Job Em!

Angie said...

Good for you!!! Looks like a lot of fun

Ashley Thalman said...

Emily!! How awesome! You look amazing and must feel that way too- accomplished.

Jeannine said...

Good Job Em!!! You're a great example.

HILL HESS said...

you go girl

D said...

Way to go Emily. You're inspiring.

Toni said...

I am so impressed! Great job!